HIS & KIDS CUSTOMER PRIVACY NOTICE
His & Kids treat your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information as very important.
His & Kids Hairshops is the trading name of HJK Ltd, HJK (Romsey) Ltd, HJK (Fareham) Ltd & HJK (Chandlers Ford) Ltd.
This Privacy Notice explains:
- What personal information we collect
- How we use your personal information
- How we keep your information secure
- Your rights
- How to contact us
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal information includes your name, address, email address, phone number or photographic images and other information that isn’t otherwise publicly available. We collect personal information about you when you use our services, visit our salons, visit a website we have or register to receive a newsletters or other communication from us.
The type of personal information we collect will depend on the purpose for which it’s collected and includes:
- Contact details
- Payment details.
We also collect information about you from other sources. For example, our website automatically collects information from your computer using “cookies” which provides us with limited personal information. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They’re widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the website owners. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
We keep your personal information only as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. Personal information will be securely disposed of when it’s no longer required, in accordance with our Data Retention and Disposal Schedule.
THE BASIS ON WHICH WE COLLECT DATA
The processing of your personal data is allowed under a number of lawful basis. The data required for the provision of products and services is processed on the basis there’s a contract with you to do so. Any relevant marketing activity we undertake is done because as a firm we have a legitimate interest to do so. However, you have rights, as listed below, which impact how we can use and process your data.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We process your information in order to support and maintain our contractual relationship with you and to comply with legal requirements. We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
This includes the following:
- Providing our services to you
- To manage our relationship with you
- Carrying out transactions you have requested
- To enable you to take part in prize draws and competitions
We also process your data for specific business purposes to enable us to give you the best products and services. For example, we process your information to send you marketing that’s tailored to your interests.
Our business purposes include the following:
- Enhancing, modifying, and personalising our services for the benefit of our customers
- Providing communications which we think will be of interest to you
- Market or customer satisfaction research or statistical analysis
- Audit and record keeping purposes
We may also process your personal data as part of an acquisition or sale. Should this happen, you’ll be notified about any change to processing or data controller arising as a result of this activity.
HOW WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
We’re committed to ensuring the confidentiality of the personal information that we hold, and we continue to review our security controls and related policies and procedures to ensure that your personal information remains secure.
When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that personal information is kept secure.
We do not work with third parties in countries outside the EU.
His & Kids tries to be as open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information and therefore have outlined your rights below. More information about your data protection rights can be found here: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
You have the right to opt out of marketing information and tell us what your communication preferences are by contacting HJK Ltd t/a His & Kids using the details provided at the end of this notice, or by using the opt out option on any email marketing. You may opt out at any time if you don’t want to receive any further communications of this nature.
Individual data rights and requests
- The right to be informed – You can request that we provide ‘fair processing information’, typically through this privacy notice
- The right of access – You may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you using the contact details found on the end of this policy
- The right to rectification – The accuracy of your personal information is important to us. You have the right to ask us to update or correct your personal information
- The right to erasure – You may request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing
- The right to object – You may object to the processing of your data based on legitimate interests
- The right to restrict processing – You have a right to request we ‘block’ or suppress processing of your personal data
- The right to data portability – You may request to obtain and reuse your data
- The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
If you wish to correct, restrict, delete or make changes to your personal information, or any of the data subject rights listed above, please contact us at the number/address listed below.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have questions about this notice, need further information about our privacy practices, or wish to give or withdraw consent, exercise preferences or correct your personal information, please contact us using the following details.
FAO Data Protection Manager
HJK Ltd Highland House, Mayflower Close, Chandlers Ford, Eastleigh, Hampshire SO53 4AR
Telephone: 01794 515333
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.